Vehicle Dynamics for Future Mobility …and not only Lateral
Wednesday May 26, 2021
Virtual seminar: Link to a zoom meeting will be sent out to participants registered with e-mail.
Purpose with the seminar
- Present and discuss interesting issues within and challenges for Future Mobility
- Develop and increase competence
- Create understanding and interest for vehicle dynamics
- Networking between Engineers and Organisations and Students
- To make vehicular technology’s voice heard in an increasingly more challenging debate among different vehicle types and transport modes both domestically and globally.
- To build a network for efficient distribution of technological information
- To attract the next generation of Swedish vehicular engineers
[Times stated are in Swedish time]
09:00-09:15 Registration and coffee & Poster session
- Welcome from SVEA and Vehicle Dynamics Competence Area, Bengt Jacobson
Moderator: Lars-Gustaf Hauptmann
09:30-11:30 Lecture session 1: Heavy vehicles
- Stability envelopes for autonomous drivetrain induced braking functions, Jolle Ijkema, Scania
- Optimal design and control of high capacity transport, Toheed Ghandriz, Volvo Technology & Chalmers
- High Capactiy Transport in Sweden, Jesper Sandin, VTI
- Remote driving operation, Lin Zhao, KTH
11:30-13:00 Lunch & Poster session
- 11:30-11:35 Introduction of posters
- Lunch. Optional to stay in zoom for mingel at a "virtually common lunch"
- 12:00-13:00 Poster sessions in break-out rooms
13:00-14:00 Lecture session 2
- Automated Comfortable Docking to Bus Stop, Amal Elawad, Volvo Buses/Chalmers
- Alternative Input Devices for Steer-by-Wire Systems, Matthijs Klomp, VCC
14:00-14:30 Coffee & Poster session
14:30-15:30 Lecture session 3
- Front seat Passenger experience of ride comfort in passenger cars, Xiaojuan Wang, CEVT & Chalmers
- Motion Sickness in Autonomous Vehicles, Ilhan Yunus, VCC & KTH
15:30-16:15 Vehicle Engineering Education at Swedish Universities
New Mobility Engineering master programme, Erik Hulthén and Giulio Bianchi Piccinini, Chalmers
Vehicle Engineering master programme, Mikael Nybacka, KTH
- Link to material and participation list from today will be sent out
- Next seminar 2022
There will be an exhibition of posters. It can be, e.g., master thesis or PhD thesis projects, both concluded and almost concluded such. Please contact Lars Drugge <firstname.lastname@example.org>; or Bengt Jacobson <email@example.com> if you would like to propose a poster.
Present list of posters:
- Improving Vehicle Dynamics Development Process by combining simulation and motion platform simulator, Lidong Wang, Chalmers
- Propelled and steered converter dolly for more efficient shunting of semi-trailers on goods terminals, Neel Kachhawah and Clive Rahul Misquith, Chalmers
- Evaluation of Active Rear Steering through Multi Body simulation, Gabriele Bertoli and Matteo Rossi, KTH
There will be proceedings from the seminar this year. This means that the presenters, including poster presenters, are welcome with a paper, or at least a public version of their presentation material. The proceedings will be available as a Chalmers and/or KTH report on the web.
Proceedings available at https://research.chalmers.se/publication/524553
Remote participation: Free if registration via www.sveafordon.com. List of registered will be sent out to all after seminar.
We want registration latest Monday 2021-05-24, 23:59, to send out link in time.
Member fee in SVEA is 200 SEK/year (free for "junior 26-", 100 SEK for "senior 65+").
Membership application through: http://www.sveafordon.com/bli-medlem/vill-du-bli-medlem/medlemsansokan
Questions via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The seminar was initially initiated by SAFER Vehicle Dynamics Competence Area and hosted by SVEA with representatives from:
- AFRY Automotive
- Volvo Cars
- Volvo GTT